Oatmeal…Coconut…Chocolate Chip…whew, that’s a mouthful!! Trust me, you will want a mouth FULL of these cookies…they are that delicious!
Our big-little guy is all about baking! A few weeks ago, we had some free time, so I went digging through our pantry for ingredients. We all love coconut, so when I found a bag I started looking for a recipe.
Originally, we made Coconut Oatmeal cookies. We used a traditional cookie recipe (sugar, butter, etc) but the breastfeeding Mama in me thought, “Hey, these would make pretty good lactation cookies!” So the next time around I adjusted the ingredients to make them a little healthier and full of galactagogues!
You have my permission to tell your family that only Mamas can eat them (sadly, my family didn’t buy it…but maybe it’ll work on yours!)
Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
makes approximately 4 dozen (unless your husband steals the dough…I swear I’m not pointing fingers!)
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1t vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 c ground flax seeds
- 1t baking soda
- 1t baking powder
- 2 c quick oats
- 1 c flaked coconut
- 1 c dark chocolate chips…oh, who am I kidding, I threw in the whole bag!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In mixer, cream coconut oil, butter, honey & brown sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, ground flax seeds, baking soda & baking powder
- Add dry mixture 1/3c at a time
- Add oats & flaked coconut
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop by well rounded tablespoon on parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from parchment and cool on racks