What do you get a Galactagoddess who has everything she could ever want…Milkie Cupcakes of course!!!
One of the most thoughtful people I know went above by making these fabulous cupcakes…
…and beyond when she presented me with these amazing cookies!!! Full of galactagogues (ingredients that promote lactation), this recipe will help any Mama looking to boost her supply (no promises on what it will do to her waistline…it’s a good thing breastfeeding burns calories!)
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies recipe by Noel Trujillo
perfected by Chelsey Freeman
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (homemade by Amanda Garufi)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (that’s a CF special ingredient)
- 2-4 tablespoons brewer’s yeast (she used 2T, West Coast Pale Ale to be exact)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- Stir in oats and chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet. (cover with parchment paper first for quick cleanup)
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.